Mold or moulds is a fungus that grows in the different places of a house. These are attracted generally to those areas where water leakage or water related problems are seen. Mold Restoration is a process of removal of mold from a particular area generally from damp places that may be ceilings, from bathroom or any other area of the house.
How to remove mold
Mold can be easily identified but to remove them is a huge problem. Although it can be removed by scrubbing but one must follow certain precaution before removing it as mold can cause certain allergies to humans. Symptoms include:
- Watery itchy eyes
- a chronic cough
- headaches or migraines
- difficulty in breathing
- sinus problems
- nasal blockage
- frequent sneezing
The job of removal of mold is difficult as well as dangerous. It is always suggested to get a help from experienced and qualified professionals. Whether to call a professional to remove mold or not depends upon how vast damage has been done by the mold and also depending on the person whether they are allegoric to mold or not.
There are certain ways where one can perform the task of mold restoration by them. There are certain tips to be followed while doing so. To name some-
- Put on protective equipment like rubber gloves, goggles while working.
- Remove standing water and wet materials. Use a wet vacuum to remove water from carpet. Floors or any hard surfaces and let it to dry for at least 2 days.
- Open all the doors and windows while working.
- Use fans and dehumidifier to remove moisture. Do not use fan if mold have started to grow.
- Scrub the mold with detergent specifically mold removal detergent.
- Do not paint or caulk over growing mold as it won’t prevent mold from growing.
- If mold cannot be removed from certain objects it is suggested to be thrown.
Thus, all the tips and tricks should be kept in mind and should be followed.