Porcelain tiles are ceramic tiles that are known for their unique shades, colors, and patterns. There are primarily 2 main kinds of porcelain tiles – matte porcelain and glazed porcelain.
Properties Of Glazed Porcelain Tiles
Glazed porcelain tiles are polished and glossy. These shiny pieces are absolutely worth the hype. Some of the best Carreaux Metro kitchen tiles that you can buy for interior decor include the following.
- Galaxy collection tiles in white, ivory, soft grey, dark grey, concrete, red, and black.
- Ibel collection resembling a real-like marble finish.
Glazed tiles at Carreaux Metro are the most preferred options for kitchens and living rooms because;
- They bounce light that makes the room look bigger than it actually is.
- They are easy to clean; hence, ideal for kitchens that experience frequent spills.
Properties Of Unglazed Porcelain Tiles
These are wonderful unpolished matte tiles that have an aura of authenticity and rawness. Some of the most exciting collections include the following.
- District Collection for urban decor in unique shades of Bianco, Nero, Grigio, and Tortora.
- Collection Black Ocean in stunning shades of Pearl, Wind, Rock, Sand, and Abyss.
Unpolished matte tiles are mostly preferred for flooring because;
- They are more porous and hence, more water-resistant.
- They are less slippery and are stronger and less susceptible to breaking.
- Their surface, since unpolished, is less likely to develop and highlight scratches.
Moving on, all kinds of porcelain ceramic tiles share a few common properties that make them worth every penny spent. 2 significant benefits of these tiles are listed below.
- They Are Cheaper
Who doesn’t like the look and feel of the textures of natural stones and artistic wood? But, can everyone afford it – Practically, no. There’s no way everyone can afford such expensive flooring and wall tiles. Which is where porcelain tiles come to the picture. They are of multiple kinds that depict the texture and strength of natural stones and wood. Some such best collections at Carreaux Metro include the following.
- Alp Stone Collection
- Brick Collection
- Calacatta Collection
- Myspace Collection
Precisely, these are certainly cheaper and more affordable options.
- They Are Strong
Porcelain tiles are dense. Thus, they do not break so easily. As a result, they have a long life of 5-7 years. That said, porcelain tiles also have the following wonderful attributes.
- They are low-maintenance options.
- They are easy to install and easier to clean.
- Some specific types are heat resistant as well.